I feel as if I need to tell the back story of Mr. and Mrs. Mayhem and how we got to where we are today.
Why? Because I am totally self-consumed. DUH!
Ok. To be fair, that is only part of the reason. The real reason I need to do this? We have had a whole lot of ugly in our lives apart and together. We have had a whole lot of beautiful too for that matter but lately, it seems that the ugly is starting to get uglier. I need to make the ugly less ugly by writing it out. Also, I have come to realize that the ugly might not have been so ugly if we had simply had the benefit of some information and personal stories of others who had been down the road before us.
So maybe I can start to see more of the beauty and less of the ugly if I lay it all out, try to infuse a little humor and make it available for someone else to have the benefit of my hindsight (someone's a little full of herself tonight!).
The form this little history lesson will take is: Christmas Letters.
You know, those fabulous little letters that are sent out to let everyone know what a wonderful and joyous life people have been living in the past year. Yah. I hate those letters. I always thought they rang false way back when and now, even though I know that most of those letters are simply glitter lipstick on a pig, there is a part of me that is jealous that those people even have time to think about putting lipstick on a pig. And then I feel inadequate and ungrateful and even worse for not wanting to participate in the joy that others seem to be experiencing. Hmm. Sounds to me like this project will help me work through my deep seated issues with Christmas Letters too!
Merry Christmas!
May the joy of the season and shine of the lights blah blah blah blah. Blech!
(Next installment coming soon.)
Very truly yours,
Mrs. Mayhem
No comments:
Post a Comment